Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finally, a Hot Shower!

Actually, it was more like a warm shower. But when compared to the frigid water that I had been reluctantly taking 2-minute speed showers in downstairs in the house, this shower felt like heaven. My mission to find a hot shower actually began Friday morning before work. I hadn't showered the night before, so I woke up with the desire to take a nice, hot shower to wake up and start the day right. To my dismay, the showerhead spouted nothing but arctic seawater no matter how much I fiddled with the single knob. After a few minutes of shivering in my towel, I gave up and tried the next shower upstairs. Same result. By then it was already late, and Tiago would be arriving any minute. So I decided to put the quest on hold until after work.

When I got back to the house, it finally occurred to me that I should ask one of the guys for advice on a hot shower. Unfortunately, it was Friday, and once again the house was deserted. The only one around was Kevin, who was entrenched in the middle of a computer game. I decided to wait. Finally, after doing the first day of the Hundred Pushups Program Week 3, I had to take a shower. Once again, I made my way from the ground floor of the house up to the 3rd story. Luckily, I found Francisco coming back from UNICAMP and, dressed only in my towel, accosted him. Laughing, he pointed me to the bathroom on the top level of the house. I raced, up the stairs, turned on the shower, and waited anxiously for things to heat up. Furtively, I extended my hand to feel the water. It was warm! Quest completed, I took the longest and most satisfying shower of my time here so far.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rollin It's Walter, "beleza"?
    Just one thing, We have hot showers in Brazil, only on our house not hehehehehehehehe, Bye

    ReplyDelete