Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Edition!

Pic taken while waiting for the guys

Friday night came and I had plans to go out to a club called Zzier with Tiago and Fucho. As usual, they were late coming to pick me up, but soon enough we were on our way. It was super cold out, and we stopped at a gas station next to the club to get some drinks before heading in. I had tought Fucho and Tiago how to shotgun a couple of weeks ago, and they've fallen in love with it. Now, every time we drink a beer, Fucho yells "shotchegun." We also bought a bottle of Jurupinga, a type of Brazilian alcohol that google apparently translates into "Mistelle" - a sweetened and alcoholic grape juice. At any rate, it was quite tasty when mixed with a drink similar to Mike's Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice.

Jurupinga

After we had finished warming our insides, we walked over to the club and waited to get in. It was Tequila night, and some hours later we stumbled out and made it back to Tiago's home safely, where I slept until 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon. The rest of the day was spent recovering, though Tiago and I stopped by a barbeque type party where some of his friends were hanging out. One of them was the bartender from the night before at the club, and she invited us to go again that night. I graciously declined, of course. I had Tiago drop me off back at the house, where I skyped with some friends and family, watched a movie, read more of Neuromancer, and cooked some Miogo and chicken nuggets for dinner.

P.S. Birthday shoutout to Jake - happy 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment