Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Update

Spent another weekend at Tiago's house, since Rodrigo went to Sao Paulo to see his girlfriend. Saturday night was spent at a friend's house for a barbecue party of sorts. On our way over, we picked up the meat and the beer from a little supermarket. We bought 4 Kilos of meat!!

Meat anyone?

Thus the night continued with eating, drinking, and playing truco, a traditional card game. I had played a game called truco in Argentina during my stay there, but Tiago quickly explained that the Brazilian counterpart is slightly different. Read about it.


In other news, I'm about 1/3 of the way through William Gibson's Neuromancer and enjoying it thoroughly. The Hundred Pushups continue at a slow pace. I fear that I'll have to repeat a few of the weeks to get through them. Tomorrow, Tiago can't come to pick me up before work, since he's taking Professor Sabbatini, the director, to Sao Paulo for business. An adventure is sure to ensue as I try to figure out how to get to Edumed by bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment